Monday 31 October 2011

Animation Tests

It was advised that I get straight onto some animation tests as for my character's situation I could literally create her walking cycle and the way she moves in general from scratch.  As she is nor 100% human or animal I can really mix it up and see what can be brought out of her character.  One thing I know for sure was that she only walks on four legs, or atleast with the aid of her hands, she never walks up straight.  With this I drew some thumbnails.


Photobucket

When I was happy with the thumbnails I went to animate straight away, I didn't really have any live reference so I was mainly using my imagination and relying on the thumbnails. This was the final outcome:



I am happy that the animation wasn't limping but I'm not sure if this is quite how my character is going to move about? I am positive that she will only be walking on four legs (or hand and feet) but I might look at some other animals for inspirations. I did two other thumbnails, one is her a lot closer to the ground and a bit more sneaky looking, the other is more of how an ape walks with her back up a little more straight and does more of a gallop. Photobucket


I then did another none walk cycle test.  Just with her reacting to hearing an unknown sound from the forest and her getting up and listening out to the strange sound.  I'm quite happy with this test, she looks quite startled and delicate but also quite aware of her surroundings which of course she would be as she knows no place else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment