Tuesday 18 October 2011

Character Sketches


For the last week I have been doing a bunch of doodles for my Pond character, still unnamed, and I have also decided she will be living in a pond not a swamp.  Because I havn't come up with a complete story of what exactly the character ill do in the middle of the narrative and how exactly she will react to things I just drew her in a few different situations that I thought I would include her to be in.  I tried to explore different situations and emotions she may overcome.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I was also looking at her environment and what exactly was the size and what plant life and animals she would encounter.  It was between (of course) a small pond and a big one.  A small pond representing her enclosed world and that she has a deeper connection with the pond, or a big pond showing her isolation and that she is the only one of her kind.  I decided a small pond would be more appropriate, and especially if I want her to leave her home at them end.
 I also made sure it was a pond over a river or the sea as a pond is stagnant, never flowing, which represents my creatures none moving life, she's always in the same place all the time.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment