Wednesday 19 October 2011

Storyboard Draft 1

My goal for the week was to complete a storyboard, as I still wasn't 100% on the script I knew this wasn't going to be my final storyboard but as I was a little low on ideas on what it needed I just continued with the storyboard and see if visualizing it would make more sense for what direction the story was heading.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I presented my storyboard to class and got some useful feedback from the tutor and students.  I did feel that the events are quite rushed and there's no time for any interesting narrative to develop.

  •  I should experiment more with different and interesting angles, at the moment it's just a very straight forward camera, and considering the only variations is a close up to a medium shot, it can be quite visually boring. 
  •  It was also brought up that I should be aware of the layout of the scene and remember to use the rule of three. 
  • I should look at maybe finding a different way to show her repetitive life in a montage instead of showing the same scenes perhaps? 
  • I think I will cut out the saving the duck scene just because I don't really want to animate ducks and also it would make more sense if she only looked after the amphibians and fish as they all permanently living in the pond and can not live without it which is what the pond creature feels also.
  • Sin liked the drawing part and thought if I was having some trouble that I could maybe focus a little more on why she draws and if that could possibly contribute to her also leaving.
  • The noise is still not decided on yet, I made the creature flinch at the noise and a bit scared but I think I need to make the sound more mystical and mysterious rather than scary.  I also think that it would be interesting if there was some colour when the sounds appear.  I want to make sure that the sounds are not man made though.  Something the creature and audience has not heard before.
  • When showing my storyboard to James, he said it is readable as a story but the it has no conflict, it doesn't yet make full sense why she leaves except for pure curiosity, there has to be something else. But I still don't know what????  

No comments:

Post a Comment