Monday 31 October 2011

Character Model Sheet

Just before I started my second storyboard I wanted to make sure I defiantly had a final character design, as it is important I know how she roughly looks and moves as that does affect the story (how she holds things, walks etc) So I did a little list of her anatomy and why she has certain none human body parts.  having her a mix of amphibian and mammal did have some complications, like why she has breast in her design?  If she is truly cold blooded and has no belly button she surly doesn't anatomy wise need them but to show the audience she is defiantly female it was essential.  Her gills are going to help express her emotions as she has no eyebrows, also help her breath underwater, and could be a symbol for her naivety and youth as tadpoles are the young of frogs and rely on their gills while they are young then loose them when they enter adolescence.


Photobucket
When I was comfortable with all the aspects and physical traits of my character I did my model sheet:

Photobucket

From looking at the model sheet, I have found that my creature from the front isn't as appealing from the 3/4 or side view.  Also I do want to be subtle about her naked appearance and not have any too obvious poses.   I also haven't designed any real private detail down below or the the breast, as it doesn't really matter and I don't want the audience concentrating on something that has nothing to do with the story.  I do also want this to be watchable for children, maybe not really young but ten upwards at least.  I could have possibly given her clothes but that did not really make sense either, realistically she wouldn't have clothes, and if she's cold blooded doesn't need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment