Friday 25 November 2011

Rough Animatic 1

At the seminar, I presented my 3rd storyboard to James, and it went quite well, the storm at the beginning worked and dove straight into the story.  By having the character react so curiously to light it will be obvious to the audience she has never seen it before, which hopefully did come across in the storyboard.  James's only crit was:


  • An environment shot [establishing shot] needs to be placed right at the beginning, to have an overhead of the forest to show there is no tree canopy.
  • Everything should be in threes.  There seems to be a pattern in my film of my creature (I REALLY need to name her now), she gets curious, is drawn out of hiding then scared and returns to hiding.  So far this happens twice in the film.
  • James suggested that before the dragonfly is presented that a branch that was caught up in the trees falls to the ground and therefore lets more light in, this can also be the third thing that scares the creature.  The fallen branch will not destroy the pond though, I have made it a priority that the pond not get ruined, the creature must leave not by force but by choice. 
  • He also suggest that the end with her making it out of the forest should be cut too. I think I will show this animatic to more people first and see if they feel the same way.

With those factors taken note James suggested that I am ready to start my animatic and see how the film's timing etc is so far without the added notes of the seminar.  With simply taking a photo of every sticky note, cropping and compositing on Premier Pro, I also applied some diegetic sounds and then thought about what music to put after the storm? I knew it had to have an almost mystical feel to it.  I typed in 'pond music' on youtube just to see if anything came up, and the first choice was Doctor Who's Amy Pond theme, I giggled to myself and just clicked it to see what the music was like... and to my surprise it was quite similar to what I had in mind.  So out of curiosity I added it to my animatic and in the freaky way the timing went too well.  Obviously I can't use this music, but I would like for my music to have the same feel as this does... and the timing... how the heck does the timing go so well with my animatic?


I don't know why there are little static noises' throughout the video? it is only on youtube not on the original?

No comments:

Post a Comment