Tuesday 31 January 2012

Backgrounds Longshots Lineart

Over the last week and a bit I have concentrated on the layout of my backgrounds as there is no point in animating if I don't know where my character is going.  Therefore just to get rolling I first drew up all my long shot environments, that way there is less of a chance of continuity errors with the close ups.  They are all done with pencil and paper and will be scanned and then digitally coloured in Photoshop.  One technique James suggested was that I colour in black and white to get the tones and depth right and add the colour on top.  He showed me this video as an example.

These are my background thus far:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Me and Deb are giving this technique a go, and will see if it will work better than just colouring it straight off.

No comments:

Post a Comment