Saturday 3 December 2011

Rough Animatic 2 & New Script


Considering all my feedback and then seeing Leonie about my film and started my second animatic.  I was confident enough with the structure and basic story to leave the sticky notes and draw straight on paper.  I took on board all my feedback and applied what I thought would work best for my film and would be most appealing and understandable for my audience.

Storyboard:


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I then scanned and edited together my Animatic.  I still have not applied and after effects movement or added proper shading to establish the darkness of her pond at the beginning along with defining the light beams shining from the tree canopy.  But this will all be applied for my final animatic, I will first gather more feedback and see if this animatic works and is readable.

 
Pond - Animatic 2 from Bryony Evans on Vimeo.

With this new animatic I noticed I had mainly been developing my story through my animatic and therefore did not have an actual script, so since Im relatively sure my story will not change much now I wrote up my new script.

Script 3:



A solitary pond creature lives her life in her still lonely pond, isolated from the outside world.  One night an almighty thunder storm strikes a tree overseeing her pond and a branch falls, the creature flees to the safety of the water.

The next day the creature awakens to find her pond is different.  For the first time ever a beam of light shines to the pond’s floor.  The creatures eyes burn at first at the strong beams.  Unknowingly the creature tests this alien form with a fern to see if it is dangerous, no harm to the fern so then reaches her hand out to the light and for the first time feels the warmth of the sun. 

Suddenly a crow flies overhead and scares the creature back into the darkness.  As she calms down she notices a small unfamiliar shadow from the leaves, she goes to see and witnesses a glorious dragonfly sitting on a leaf glistening in the sun.  The creature is mesmerized by the insect and slowly goes to approach it.  The dragonfly then whizzes off and swirls around the creatures head, playfully she follows the dragonfly until it flies off into the sunlight and into the unknown forest where the creature has never set foot before.  The creature at first is scared to go any further but then sees how the dragonfly just lives it life and is much more happy in the few seconds of seeing it that all her days of being in her pond.  

She slowly starts to follow until she noticed her ankle is tied up in a lily pad vein.  She looks back at her only home thinking this is all she’s ever known and is scared of the unknown past the barrier of trees around her pond.  Then with a swift of courage and excitement she pulls on the vein and it snaps.  She climb over the fallen tree and embraces the light and explores the big wide open world.




This is what I am going to give in for my film proposal deadline in a week.  If all goes to plan I can just concentrate on animation tests, finding a composer and dissertation writing over the holidays.





No comments:

Post a Comment