Saturday 17 December 2011

Revised Character Sheets

Since I have tweaked my story since the last time I designed the character sheet for my creature, I have had to revisit it and although the overall design and style has not changed it's more the stance and attitude of the character that is incorrect.  At tutorials with Caroline and Leonie, both mentioned that my character could not have any poses with her legs open, as the audience could perceive this as being 'sexualised', which of course was not my intention, it was only because she is inspired by frogs.  Therefore I made sure her hair is not coving her back and overlapping most of her torso along with making sure she is hunched over and on all fours most of the films.

The Creature - Character Sheet
  
Photobucket

I then created a character sheet for the dragonfly, I wasn't 100% sure on the colour I just knew it had to be bright ans stand out from the background.  I was originally thinking red or orange but I didn't want the dragonfly to look dangerous, and yellow wouldn't have worked otherwise the dragonfly would have blended in with the light.  So I thought bright aqua blue would be a good colour for it.  The fact it's blue and the same colour as the creatures pond I thought would add another reason why she would be more mesmerized by it.

Dragonfly - Character Sheet
Photobucket
I then did one other character set up sheet, just to clarify what exactly makes my character tick.  And it will come in handy if someone else is animating my character. It's just a little more detailed that the character sheet really.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment